Saturday, February 09, 2008

Diversions


I should be studying. I am studying at 10 pm on a Saturday, but I wanted to see what you all posted and I needed to catch up on my own little blog patch.
The second square of the aran afghan flew off the needles. I am enjoying revisiting the sweaters that made this left over stash of aran yarn. Beth Brown Reinsel is the sweetest and best teacher. I see her name offered in workshops on the other side of the continent and I sigh. Some day I may be able to meet her. But this Knittng Ganseys is a workshop. I bought it when our old wool shop owner achieved master knitter status, qualified for carpal tunnel surgery and sold all her books. Now she beads.
I have already begun the third block and set up a scrapbook/notebook to keep track of my progress. Reflection is one of the joys of experience. The third square is EZ's fish trap which is a bit of a challenge on the straight. I'm getting it.
I also knit up all the dark green and have added the lighter green on the pi baby blanket. It looks like a sac. It'll look better off the needles. It's good TV knitting which I shouldn't do too much of.
Tomorrow we go up the hill to discuss the family cruise. I'm looking forward to it and I'm dreading the in-law expectations. Our rule on a holiday is that everyone gets to do what they want. I will want to read and knit and walk. A lot like a regular good day.
D. and I went out to Earl's lastnight while Noodlepie and her friends saw 27 dresses. It was nice to be just a couple away from the hurricane of teens. He was supportive today and let me hide in his office to get some studying done while he recalked the tub. Thanks D.

No comments: