Monday, February 12, 2007

Blessings for a Baby


It turned out a little bright and busy, but it's possible that my friend's baby will be the same. My baby is 14 years old and knitting her own sweater. But I feel a need to connect with this old friend who so graciously shared her family when I was far from mine.
It hasn't been a great week. What with "Skating Carnival" and "Piano Festival" you'd think my life was a rollicking party. But it just means extra duties and driving. The sewing of sparkly costumes if really over the top and I object. In addition we had an extra long Sunday with meetings and lessons. At the end of a very nice supper, my husband was called out to look at a sick colt and I had to lead yet another meeting into the night. Phew!
I did say no to two meetings last week and I cancelled my band because I was under the weather with my asthma. I'm a bit perkier now. The trick is to not overdo it.
The angel baby blanket is started. The acrylic yarn is actually soft and easy to work with. It's also worsted weight, so I'm going great guns. Three plain lace squares finished. I'll do a fourth and then start on the pretty cabled angels. I'm doing this as a favour for the mom-to-be's mom. This isn't as fun as knitting on my own steam. I had planned to knit her a sweater anyway. I may have enough yarn left over from the blanket to make a matching one. I'll get there when I get there.