Sunday, February 18, 2007

Don't Curse the Angels


I obviously have too much going on. The Skating Carnival was yesterday and I'm so glad to have that over. Such an overwhelming amount of volunteering. I did enjoy being the MC and hearing my Noodle-Pie sing O Canada.

But this baby blanket is just not my cup of tea. I usually design my own blankets. They are not blocks and do not include tricky little reperesentational pictures, though they may have letters.
I have to admit they are charming angels, but I feel like a sheep blindly following stitch to stitch on the pattern. I normally read the stitches on the needle and enjoy the rhythm of the pattern.

Oh well, one and a half of the little blighters to go. I decided to ask my friend, the new grandmom to be for a gift cert from my LYS. That way I'm not being paid, but "gifted" and I'll get something I really want because I'm on a stash diet and this won't count. I know, now I'm tricking the angels and using them for other ends.
Let me throw myself into the last squares now and then I'll work on the mohair shawl I snuck into the project list because I was feeling so overwhelmed. That doesn't make any sense either but a least I could do some mindless knitting at the rink.
This week is Piano Festival. What shall I bring to knit?