Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dearest Cupcake


I made these last night for my family. Valentines isn't a big holiday here. I remember when cupcakes were the appropriate celebration for every occasion. I rather miss the little ones.
Noodle-pie asked last night if I had bought her any candy hearts to give to her friends. She forgot she had told me she was too old. I would have been happy to play along.
D. gave me an emerald ring and earrings in Texas so he's off the hook. I gave him a Starbucks card. Practical but a little luxurious. What do you buy the Scottish piper who wants to save money?
The angel baby blanket is coming along with more glitches and hopefully more prayers than expletives. I need to add a few rows to each plain lace square because the stupid way the instructions were written. Also each angel is like a gimmicky magic trick. Each row is random mixes of yarn overs and k2tog's. Not the pleasing predictable tracks of my usual cable or lace work. Still, I'll work three or four or all of them before I decide I don't like the pattern. That's the difference between now and before I had knit a lot. If I didn't like a pattern, I would give up. Now I don't give up until I'm done.