Friday, July 05, 2013

Shake Your Bootie

 We are knitting baby layettes for the Fair Share class at our fair. I love this cotton-acrylic yarn I got when our Zellers store was closing out. I have enough to make some knitted corn. But it's labelled sport and it's almost worsted. My first bootie turned out freakish. I actually said to D, "Is my bootie too big?" He just laughed when I held it up.
So I cut all the numbers by 20%. It's Christine's Baby Booties in Bernat Baby Cakes. The sweater was a bit big, too, more like 6-12 months. I thought I could have a quick knit with larger yarn, but it's the same number of stitches.
 Karen had a going away party for one of our knitters who is headed home after a year as a nanny in our neighbourhood. We had an excellent gluten and lactose free dessert buffet.
 I took the new Pathfinder to YVR to pick up Emily from her Wind Symphony trip to France. She had a wonderful time and baked to a beautiful Riviera brown.
Seriously, too big.

No comments: