Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Bit Foggy

The autumn mornings are beautiful and a bit crisp. The afternoons are clear and sunny.

 I'm loving walking with the big black dog as the fields slowly reveal themselves. But I have been a bit foggy, myself, with the same cold that everyone is struggling with. Luckily, I can rest until my next shift on Thursday.

So there has been knitting and crafting. The WORK + SHELTER hand warmers, above, were only one day of knitting each. The yarn is left over from my Silk Moon Crescent Shawl (the third) and are made for my niece's step-daughter, because she is family, too.

 For my mom, I made a needle book to go with some embroidery equipment for Christmas (all saved in a cake box). She gave away her stitching collection but wants to get back into it.



 For my BFF on her birthday, just past, I made an Ice Queen smoke ring. This is the kid silk haze that always finds its way into my stash. I hope to make co-ordinating mitts for Christmas. I needed a sharper needle to enjoy this, and I know better, so it's my own fault.
 For my DH, I made a surgeon's scarf (a cowl if you're a girl). The tunisian crochet is so masculine, and the deep stash Socks That Rock is still a delight. I made it 26 1/2 inches long and worked it length wise until it was 10 inches. This turned out well.
 Very soft and warm when blocked. And look at those colours! Thanks to Morag Ruadh for teaching me to do Tunisian crochet.
 This cowl turned out as I hoped. It's for Scott's girlfriend who pinned it on Pinterest. I tried to make it for Christmas last year, but ran out of yarn. My fault entirely. Thanks to electrictree yarns for ordering more at some trouble.
 It only needed the button bands and blocking. More Christmas knitting done!!!!
 For Scott I'm making the Joe's Coffee Cosy from the current Interweave Knits Holiday magazine. This yarn, from stash, is perfect and a bit felted. Half done in one day of sitting and resting.
 Say good bye to the stripy sock, for a while. I managed to start the ribbing. But there are mittens and gifts to make.
 Stay tuned for January selfish knitting when I will get the second sock done and play with my first afterthought heel.
I'm making more WORK + SHELTER hand warmers because I love the simple knitting, I love using 50 grams of worsted from stash, and I love the final product.
I'm also doing a second colour pattern owl mitten, and need to make a second pair.
My other auto pilot knitting is this handspun scarf/shawl in the Twilight pattern A Fine Fleece by Lisa Lloyd. I love this pattern, it loves me, and it loves this yarn.
I'm raising the hem on one of the dresses I sewed because it fits Emily spectacularly. We have a family wedding this weekend and look forward to being over run by my kids, the nephews and their friends!
Now I have lots of simple knitting for these foggy days.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

You've been very busy! And it looks like you're ahead of the game. Love that red cowl. Is Tunisian crochet hard? It sure is pretty.