Saturday, May 10, 2014

Words Failed Me

 For our 25th Wedding Anniversary, DH and I went to Paris for a week. I had never been and this is the picture from our tiny hotel room on Boulevard St. Michel.
 We walked up the "Boul Mich" past the Pantheon and the Sorbonne all the way to the Musee D'Orsay.
 It was raining, and opening time, so we decided to go in and enjoy.
 My French is grounded in Elementary School. I have all my nouns, and can order meals and ask for directions. But I was pleased to learn I could have our metro passes replaced and even give directions to other tourists.

 A trip down the river Seine.




 We actually saw the six (six!) unicorn tapestries at the Musee Cluny.

 We stayed next to Luxembourg Gardens. Everything orderly and French.
 Visited Sajou! It was a little hard to find, but a treasure box of threads and buttons.
 I bought a precious pair of embroidery scissors.

 We had a picnic lunch at the fountain in the square at the Louvre.
 Loved the Tuillerie Gardens
 Walked the length of the Champs de Elysee and climbed the stairs at the Arc de Triomph.


 After braving the metro at Les Halles, we found la drogerie. The colours were fabulous! The patterns very simple and chic. The yarns sumptuous. But you had to ask them to wind off a certain number of meters from cones and they didn't have many nice fingering weights. I didn't buy anything.




 Notre Dame.


I am always drawn to lions! In our walking we found many beautiful spots. Every street was lovely. The people were kind. The food was marvelous. We were a bit of an island on our holiday and enjoyed the exploration. On May Day we took the Eurostar Train through the Chunnel to London!

1 comment:

Lifesastitch said...

Totally romantic. Happy belated Anniversary.