Monday, July 28, 2014

Great New Beginning

 Finished my Nuvem and it is everything it promised to be. The last two skeins were brutal. It would have helped if I didn't have to reknit 2 whole skeins! My own fault. The pattern is elegant in its simplicity and at one point that was lost on my.

This was my birthday present to myself.
 There were parties and cake. My kind of cake! Date squares and a Welsh raisin quick bread that our family calls Snickerdoodle.
 Emily designed and knit for me a lion and Celtic scarf with beads. It is wonderful.
She also dyed a skein of fingering weight yarn for me in the Rainbow Fish colourway. Her first attempt and it's the best yarn ever! I wound it by hand and have cast on a new Martina Behm shawl, Lintilla.
Today is like a New Year's Day for me.
Some years I start a new journal, but I'm half way through one.
Some years I make resolutions and start projects.
 I hope to finish writing my novel this year.
I hope to practice gratitude daily.
I hope to continue walking and cycling and being fit.
I have my last shift at Hospice this week and will need to structure my days to include writing.
Now that I'm a grown up, I hope to have the courage to enjoy my life as a child would.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Happy Birthday, whenever is was! Your pink shawl is wonderful and so is the scarf. What are you going to make with the Rainbow Fish yarn?

Lifesastitch said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was wonderful.
Li