Saturday, January 13, 2007

Despite the Chill

We had an eventful weather week. I guess just about everyone could say that these days, especially in Canada where we always talk about the weather.

The trunk is finished on the top down raglan. It really looks like the trunk of a tree in the brown shades. I'll start the sleeves today. It will be simple, but it will cost some thought and intention.

I have had the good news that a nursing classmate has had a baby girl. They have been married for at least 14 years because they visited me when I was expecting my daughter. I checked the stash- I'm trying to stick to the stash diet. There was some beautiful Brown Sheep in pink, purple and green from another sweater. I'm planning to make the Cecelia from Knitty. It has the cutest petal collar. I'll adapt it to the yarn I have. I can get away with the smallest size, I think.

I plan to take the blue thistle shawl to San Antonio next week. I wanted it for our trip to Montreal but I broke the addi turbo wooden needle in packing. Tears. Now it's replaced, and I really should admit that I have this project on the needles. Can I finish the nephew sweater by then?

We've been enjoying BBC videos from the library. Great knitting content.