Saturday, January 27, 2007

Your Luggage is in Barbados


We had a good time in friendly San Antonio. I think Texas lives up to every one of its cliches. Friendly, loud and fun. We were right on the river and enjoyed walking along its banks, eventhough the weather was cold and wet. Just like home.
Our luggage did not arrive home with us. I helped the airline track it until they stepped up their hunt just to get rid of me. It's disturbing that I had more information on my computer than my contact.
It did come home just after the sewing of numerous skating outfits and a birthday party for my son's 16th with 22 family members.

I brought my thistle leaf shawl. I dyed the yarn blue a few summers ago. That was a real kick. I had bought an extra skein of teal laceweight in a fear of running out before I finished my Fibertrends Pacific Rainforest shawl. I didn't run out. The only wool they had was an ugly mushroom colour. But I thought it was better than two teal shawls. They dying was success because the inconsistencies lend to the denim nuance.

You can see I have anally prepared by copying Barbara Walker's pattern in large and cutting out each line for a card. I did this for a lace scarf and it worked so well. It's worth the effort if you remember that I pick up and put down this shawl several times over the years. My hope is to have it ready for the summer trip to Scotland. Note: hope not goal. Who knows what knitting will cross my path before that?

I have quite a long list of must do knitting: a worsted weight angel baby blanket for one of my Sunday School students who is now expecting. Her mother asked me to knit it and unfortunately I couldn't encourage her to just get the pattern and not the acrylic kit. I remember believing in the power of kits. But it will be sweet and washable. I also have a stash sweater for a nursing classmate who is finally blessed with a baby girl. We graduated 20 years ago! Must send a sweater to Utah!


D. bought me some lovely emeralds in Texas. A suite from my sweet. So I must make the green scarf to compliment them. I know. What is the appropriate knitting for new jewellery?

I have some good shots of the Alamo. The weather was cold and overcast which means the lighting was good. Unfortunately blogger won't accept them. Maybe tomorrow