Friday, July 09, 2010

Wake Up!

I worked last night and again am thankful for the great nursing team. Some of our patients are so sick, but we are able to improve their comfort, and even their health.
I have been invited to the party.
When I woke up, I had an email from Lynn Zimmerman, the Knitting Triathalete who is holding a fundraising contest to raise money for Make a Wish Foundation. I heard about her through her friends, the Knit Girllls, a great podcast that I'm addicted to. Well they went out of their way to let me donate by paypal when the program spit me out for not having a home state. Thanks so much.
Then I got an email from Grumperina. I know! She has been one of my favourite bloggers for years. Eventhough it is frustrating that she has only been knitting a short while, her ideas and patterns are full of awesome math and construction detail that inspire my own work. Plus her eye for colour, and her tenacity in solving difficult problems make me feel like I'm not alone.
But I won a prize! You haven't read that too many times! I chose the Cascade 220 book, 60 Quick Knits. I feel like it's an early birthday present, and belated Bloggiversary present, too. I missed my fourth anniversary of my blog on June 17th. I guess I was living in the real world a bit.
But I love the connection I get from reading your comments and your blogs and seeing what you're knitting.
I've got my coffee and my list of favourite blogs and it's a delight to wake up today.

No comments: