Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Than a Blessing

We got over a foot of snow last night. All the schools are closed. D's classes were cancelled.
Our driveway is 100 ft long. Whew! For years I did it on my own. But now we have two shovels, so I went out and helped. I wanted it done wide enough and tidily enough to meet the standards that my dad set on our farm. It's about safety and keeping the plants alive, too.

It took a couple of hours. Plus we did the short drive of the lady in front of us. I'm tired and sore, but may make it out this afternoon.


There it is. Now I can sit by the fire with a fresh cup of coffee and knit!
Shawl is done and laying out on the towels. Endpaper mitts are set up and Moody Kerchief is coming along.
Plus D cleared off the hot tub! That will be a blessing.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, wintery pictures. Over here it's grey (dreich) and wet and foggy. But happily no ice.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

It looks pretty, but I wouldn't want to shovel it.