Sunday, July 24, 2011

Off To Camp

I'm off to camp again. I go up the Cultus Lake Road, about 40 minutes, twice a week to deliver and collect Emily who is the Games Director. But this is my week and it's music week!
Blogger isn't uploading my pictures and I have to go to church and finish packing, but I'm excited about a week with young musicians.
This week was a huge discovery, orienting to the Hospice Unit. Great nurses (as always) and really personal care to patients and families. There is such a wonderful feeling at this place. The work is physically demanding, but not crazy like my other unit where I can't get everything done and juggled and charted in 12 hours. I'm going to like the 8 hour shifts and no nights, too. But now I'm weary from all things new.
Camp usually wears me out, too, so I'll have to pace myself. I have packed my knitting and reading and writing. There may be some quiet moments in the morning next to the water!
Thursday is the concert and it should be marvelous.

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time and a happy birthday.

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

I hope you enjoyed music camp. Sounds like a lot of fun. I loved being at craft camp at Penland this summer. Thanks for visiting me at daintytime!