Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The New Technology

I made an abacus.
Because I couldn't count to four.
I'm doing a knitted on edge of eight rows, four of which are "pattern" and I was really failing. I put it down for two days. But the deadline only got closer.
So I devised a plan. I have solutions to all sorts of problems. Just not the ones in my own life.
I am a nurse and a mother, and no spring chicken. I can do this.
See those four clementine oranges? Every time I knit a pattern row, I put one in the second dish. Yup. That easy.
 I am not afraid on my 1,000 stitches knitted on edge.
Boy does it ever work.
Except at Common Threads knit night when one of my counters rolls under the couch.
Or when everyone eats one.
But there were more clementines at home.
And lots more knitting to do before we rest.

"The woods are lovely, dark, and  deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening".

No comments: