Monday, December 19, 2011

Surrounded

We had a house full of gracious family guests yesterday. Lots of food. I had all the trays lined up with post it notes before I went to church so I wouldn't forget anything.
The ham was awesome. I had ordered one from the local butcher, but missed the deadline for picking it up. What to do? Went down the road to my usual meat market where we found they were selling the same ones! Score!

The little ones were so charming! I would post all their delightful pictures, but I haven't asked permission. The moustache tattoos for our fingers were a hit!
This was all salve for my heart aching. Friday night was a trip to Emergency for one near and dear to me. We haven't talked about it yet, but I am glad my automatic "nurse mode" was appreciated. I thank the staff who know me for treating us with extra care. What to do? Try to find some supports this week.
I am thankful for family around us who are relaxed enough to help themselves to all the fare.
Christmas Eve is my family and friends, another big buffet at lunch. These are the things that memories are made of.
Surround yourself with those who care about you even though they know you well.

No comments: