Sunday, January 06, 2013

Epiphany

Today is the 12th day of Christmas. The day we celebrate the Three Kings. The great gifts. It is the start of the next season.
I changed the front door pots from holly and ivy to daffodils and crocuses. I hope they have a gentle spring and lots of chance to bloom a welcome. I am ready to begin:
This year I hope to live with an open heart. That is my "resolution". I want to believe the story and write it down, to give generously and react with compassion.
I find it singularly difficult to shut myself up to write when I really want to be with my friends, who have been so kind to me this Christmas season.
I will need to return to yoga to get centred, to continue some good practices I started in the fall, and to continue to build a knitting community. The Chilliwack Common Threads girls are raring to get back at Tuesday knit night.
Our new charity knitting is for the Better Beginnings baby program. I am still collecting scarves. It will be a year round endeavour.
I am grateful for the knitting interwebs and the free sharing of designs and ideas that enrich our craft. It is an astounding truth that the generosity of this community makes all our lives richer. That is a gift.
And a true epiphany.

No comments: