Tuesday, March 06, 2007

5 hour Miracle

I am delighted with this baby sweater. I didn't clock myself, but it seriously took just a few evenings.

I knit it out of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (stash). Worsted weight on 6mm needles. I felt confident throwing it in the washer and dryer so the new mom won't have to worry. It's still big enough for the bug buttons.

It took less than a skein, so I may play around with dying the other two skeins I have. There are always more babies.
For a quick knit it was a great pleasure. But I've rewritten the woolworks pattern for my own language and to highlight changes.

I have a bit of freedom to finish my Saltspring Island mohair meadow flowers shawl and do some special stitching.

Then:
I dream of what's next. Another nephew sweater. My thistle shawl.

I was given some wool money and I may knit a wool cardigan for myself to wear to Scotland this summer.