Thursday, March 01, 2007

White All Around



It snowed again last night. We celbrated my Paw's birthday and the I sat and finished the Gift of Angels blanket.

In keeping with the bad feelings I have harboured for these blameless angels, I had to rip out one of the side borders to get enough yarn to finish the last side. I also snipped all the longer ends and had to knit them in. Not my dream project, but done!!

Today I will weave in all those ends and extra ends, do a quick blocking and get it out of my house!!

So remind me: no kits. I'm too proud for angels. There was no room for adjustments because my friend who asked me to knit it wanted it just as shown.

I already started the 5 hour baby sweater during my son's first piano festival piece. I have left over Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and some wonderful ceramic bug buttons. This is the first grandchild one of my friends. Not a close friend, but I taught the new mom Sunday School when she was 7. It was the same class that this other angel blanket mom was in. It makes me wonder about the little ones I teach now.

Let it thaw.