Wednesday, March 07, 2007

That'll Hurt

I am always astounded when I meet my post-February self.
During the dark winter, I continue to walk out of doors with the dog, but I feel increasingly dreary and tired.
Today I wrote my allotted pages, vacuumed,did the crossword, grocery shopped and returned to the Circuit Fitness gym. My healthy lunch was without carbos. Amazing.
The early light or the warmth make me respond like an amphibian.

The hardest part was taking it easy at the gym because I haven't been for almost a year. I don't want to discourage myself with sore muscels.
Actually I enjoyed a 3 month membership and then didn't use the next 3 month membership.
My friend bought the gym and has invited me to use my 3 months now. What a sweetie. I really need the encouragement. I may not tell D. because he will tease me and let me know he doesn't think I can keep it up.
What did I do wrong last time? It may be that when the kids got out of school I just slept in with them. I need a plan and a goal. I had lost a bit of weight last spring and it's back. I always return to this weight. Yuck. So what if I imagine getting up at the normal time and going to the gym before the kids are up? Imagine how good it will feel even in the hot weather. Imagine how travelling will be more satisfying if I don't have to buy bigger clothes and squish in to airline seats.
Last night was a few rows of mohair knitting. I'd better get that off the needles because it is annoyingly slippery and fluffy and I don't think I can look forward to wearing it this season.