Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Too Much of a Good Thing


Mothers' Day came with a trip to Urban Yarns in Vancouver. My friend has lost both parents and I was grumpy about last year's horrific Mothers' Day, so we took off for a lovely day.
I had ordered some lace weight, but it was sent to the other store. I ended up, after more than an hour of poking about, choosing the Fleece Artist Soft Wavy Wrap. It has the luminous blue and waves look I was going to use in the Print of the Waves shawl. The bonus is the quick knit.
I seem to be up to my armpits in projects.
I am dutifully decreasing on my sleeve. Good knitter.
Also having trouble with the pink tape online solo scarf as I have to use my right hand to throw the yarn.
Also quickly knitting up a black toque with pink wormy projections for daughter's super hero costume for camp this weekend "Anemone Emily".
Also looking at list of babies due. I have found the original patterns for the thicker yarns I had chosen and now have extra light yarns for future babies. Must finish one for May and one for June. The scarf is also for June.
Then...
the new yarn. Fleece Artist shawl for October- my second sister turning 50!
Kiri in purple Rowan Kid Silk Haze for September for Auntie turning 70! I'll probably work on this during out August Scotland trip.
Another Kiri for October- good friend turning 50! She'll get her pedicure socks for Xmas.
Another baby in October- our best babysitter we had for 6 years. She will be getting a baby denim jean jacket.
That's already more knitting than the calendar allows.
Whew.
And my carpal tunnel is acting up. Of course. I will try to moderate my rowing machine, but I love the way it strengthens my shoulders and improves my posture (all the better to knit my dear).
The list strangely calms me.
Don't expect me to stick to it too closely. Right now I'm a bit of a magpie.
Too many things on the needles. Perhaps in the coming weeks it will all come cascading to finishings. This is May, right?
My kids did do a lovely job of making me feel appreciated when I returned from my great escape. I'm lucky. At 16 and 14, they are poised to escape on their own adventures.

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

It sounds like I need to schedule in a trip to Urban Yarns next Mother's Day weekend. I find their selection on the North Shore too limited,
Li