Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Going To Be Sick

Gung Haggis Fat Choy. Chinese New Years has come and gone. We are blessed with abundance whether we mark it or not.

I haven't been feeling well. I have had pain and fever and no time to catch up. I said my speeches and led the singing. Now... I'm going to be sick and eat soup and sit in my chair and play hookey from meetings.

I am behind on a few things.

Scotty's birthday lastnight with my mom and paw. I bought (thawed with love) a President's Choice New York Deli cheesecake. It came highly recommended from the foodie friend of a genuine foodie and didn't disappoint.

Today as I am malingering, the suet bird feeder is going nuts.



Flicker


Stellar's Blue Jay




Red-winged Blackbird (what are you doing here) and speckly Starling (go away).






And under it all, the squirrels are plotting their world domination.

I don't care because I have hot soup and killer antibiotics. And I finally made a decision. Rip out the sashing I started on the aran afghan and do a bit of seed stitch, a bit of sewing up until I need a nap. Whew.





1 comment:

LNS said...

Get well soon! And congratulations all around to Scotty (birthday and piano achievements)!
P.S. Is that a DNA scarf section in there? Also, the border looks like a few squigly chromosomes to round out the look. Yay science!