Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Bit Battered


My beautiful magnolia was late blooming because of the frost. I was too gobsmacked to take a picture last week with snow. Blew me away. Now she's out in full bloom and the rain and the wind are jealous and trying to strip her of her beauty. Hold fast.

Me, I'm holding fast despite a now diagnosed plantar fasciaitis. Painful heel and instep. I'm not allowed to walk until I have had pain relief for 2 weeks. If it's not better in 2 months, I'm to go back in. Phooey. I'm glad it's not something worse, but this is a long-term and very painful problem.

I'll check out aquafit, maybe, and go back to the circuit. My poor dog. Walking is my therapy. For my mental health, my aging girth and my joints and asthma. Phooey.

So I should be able to get some writing and knitting in, eh?

Right now all my energy is going to a committee to hire someone. And the people who were supposed to hand in their part last night didn't even show up. I am concerned. Is baseball more important? I thought we were almost done! There's a second committee to hire after this one figures out the needs. Beaurocracy is alive and well and living in Sardis.

I've made some mistakes on my Haiku sweater and ripped back a few times. But I am comforted by it's basic pattern. I'll get on to the little sleeves now. Pictures to come. Embrace your mistakes for they are what give you growing pains.

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

I may have said this before, I tend to pull it out for comments re weird weather, but I have a photo taken from my deck on Mother's Day, of snow in North Vancouver.