Sunday, April 01, 2007

Really Cheating


I have fallen off the wagon. We received a lovely letter thanking me the handknits and alerting us that they are only 8 weeks from delivering their long awaited #2 baby.
I have been trying to make gold out of wheat, but I just don't have the right or enough wool for baby sweaters. So I dumped a bundle at myLYC and there, I've come clean (It is lent, afterall).
This is a very soft acrylic (washable), I'd actually stretch to call it microfibre to keep away the snob in me and others. I'm making Haiku again.
I don't have enough yardage of the ones I have so I have substituted a very similar "looking" cotton blend for the stunning organic cotton that goes back in the stash. I'll make an EZ baby surprise or another Haiku. I topped up another skein of lovely slubby blue for a June baby boy in the skating club. I also bought another skein of the green malabrigo so my daughter could make her coach mittens. I'll probably end up doing quite a bit of that, too.
Then there was the denim yarn on sale. It really loves to tease me. I have trouble with the dye and the texture and the physical effort of working it, but I so badly want to make a baby jean jacket for October. That gives me lots of time.
So I'm happy with the new company I'm keeping and letting my dreams run freely through my fingers.
The narcissus aren't real, and neither is my stash diet. No calories there...yet.

No comments: