Sunday, December 14, 2008

Count Your Blessings


We have had an exciting musical weekend. The first concert of the Chilliwack Metropolitan Youth Orchestra. I went to both matinee and evening concerts and got choked up a bit with the beautiful strings and my daughter's lovely french horn sounds. Christmas music!

After church we practiced with another musical family for next week's pageant. All of a sudden they are leading the charge, setting up practices and transcribing music for my two trumpets. I'm lucky to play flute- just right out of the hymnal. It's fun, but still a lot of energy after doing children's time and Sunday School.
When we got home with the stash of pennies, I was overwhelmed. Luckily D is a coin freak and helped sort and roll 110 rools. We have twice that to go. I bought simple plastic rollers and have set them downstairs for us all to do during a video tonight. The pennies go to Better Beginnings, a perinatal program for those in need. From children to children.

No comments: