Saturday, March 12, 2011

Despite Discouragement

How cranky am I without my computer? Our IT guy is complaining that he's never had to fix a Windows 7 before. Boo hoo. Meanwhile I am getting on with most other things.
The Cassidy sweater is almost finished. The finishing is such a big job. A bit like giving birth. Hopefully I'll forget most of it and launch into the conception of another sweater. I chose to use the shawl collar from the twist pattern instead of the hood. I have to thank Gigi of the Knitmore Girls podcast for the great tip on tulip button holes. I have the same Summer Interweave magazine and was probably sent the same link to Eunny Jang's video tutorial, but wouldn't have followed through without her recommendation. Great button holes! I hope to finish it for Friday's trip to Fibres West in Abbotsford.
I am also screaming along on my happy Travelling Woman shawl in the Irish Eyes Are smiling Rockin Sock Club color way from Blue Moon Fibres. I would like to get this done for Easter (not St. Patrick's Day which isnalready Thursday).
I have book club on Thursday, here, and also have the deadline of the book, Body and Soul by Frank Conroy. I am really getting into it. No discussion before the group. But I know why I couldn't get my hands on a copy.
I must not forget that it's already March and I must get on with Emily's grad blanket.
Oh, and I added a Lenten challenge to kit for a hospital in South Africa. Does this sound like too much? It feels like it.
The music festival was a big success. Emily did well in all her trumpet and voice classes and Lee and I did our best run yet with the cats piece.
Tomorrow I take Em to UBC (where I studied First year Theatre and D did his pre-vet) for her audition to the music school. Next month is UVic which includes a ferry ride and staying on campus near Scotty's dorm. He'll love that.
I didn't work this week and was pretty wound up with the competition. Time seems to have morphed. It is still chilly and rainy.
I think that's all the typing I can take on this odd little iPad. Hope your frustrations are uncomplicated.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: