Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sherlock


I am a huge fan of all things Sherlock Holmes. It was my first adult book when I had just graduated from A.A. Milne and I even had a comic strip version of the Hound of the Baskervilles when I was in grade 6.
I have read most of the stories, seen most of the movies and even read spin off books like the wonderful Laurie R. King Beekeeper's Apprentice series.
I watched the new Sherlock Holmes steam punk movie twice on our long flights to and from Africa.
The new series by BBC is awesome and the fans are awesome, too. There is a website that is totally focused on sourcing the items from the series called Wear Sherlock BBC and a wonderful group on Ravelry called 221B. They are the most extraordinary readers and knitters! I love that the props are so valued.
This is probably my biggest geek thing.

No comments: