Thursday, September 20, 2007

Small Pleasures


This little sweater will hopefully make a new baby feel welcome in our community and let his or her parents know how much we value their family.
Today I made a killer tomato sauce. The secret ingredient? Time. My kids are tired of me say ing that, but I am a slow food proponent. Not food that is slow enough for me to catch, but the opposite of fast food. Growing up on a farm gave me a good start.
The weather changed and it's cold with a bit of rain. I made it to the Y today and visited with my sisters.
Little things are OK. My world is made up of little things and small actions.
I have decided to add a baby blanket to my queue. One of the youngest nephews is being ostrasized because his very young and surly girlfriend is pregnant. This will be the first great-grandchild and I feel I have the right to rejoice in his or her own selfdom. One does not choose the situation one is born into. All we have is love.

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Sweet sweet little sweater.

I agree with you re time. I bought a new Crock Pot after 30 years. Yumm,
li

Life's a Stitch said...

After you posted this I made some tomato sause and cooked it twice as long as I usually do. Yumm. Thanks,
Li