Monday, September 10, 2007

What I Week!


I managed to get through the first week of school, Sunday School registation and Skating Club open house. Ouch! I barely played my flute. I was too tired to go to band on Thursday night, but I'm glad I went because it meant all I had to worry about was whether or not we were playing in E flat. I am so proud that I finished another music theory book. It's a great system that really takes you through step by step and uses Canadian folk songs as examples. I knew most of this stuff long ago and my kids used these books when they were much younger. So far I haven't had to ask them for help.

On Friday night, I played truant, dropped the kids with their friends at a coffee house and went to a book club/knit in to watch "North and South". We just finished this old book by Elizabeth Gaskell and the BBC production was lovely.

I managed to squeeze in the Golden Compass before just beginning Gaskell's "Wives and Daughters". It's so charming already and I've only just read one hour on the stationary bike.


I have two podcasts lined up for some desperate knitting. But first I have to live through the first day of skating and sneaking out to a Weight Watchers meeting. Tonight I hope to lie on the couch with my Noodle Pie daughter and knit while we continue Middle March. I am so antiquated, but it balances all the new technology in my life.

I still use a fountain pen and journal in a note book. I don't apologize.


This week already seems more in order and I look forward to the knit and sit at my LYS on Friday morning.

1 comment:

Angie said...

How is WW going? I'm very seriously considering the On-Line membership but playing mind games with myself about whether I'll follow the program. Sounds like you've had a full week!