Saturday, October 13, 2007

Stumbling Along


I'm on the home stretch of the knit on edging for the Print O the Waves. 20 more repeats.

I know I can do this, but since I had to pick up every stitch around, I have lost the thread. Like the CN Railway with its ever lengthening trains, I find that my thoughts are in danger of derailing every row or so. I look up and say (to myself, mostly), "Where am I?"

I have incorporated so many aids: stitch counters, enlarged (and corrected) chart, highlighted lines on said chart to help me anchor my place.

Do you make references or characteristics for each row? This is the easy row. This is the row that has the yarn over in the wrong place. This is the last row of the first set. Now we gain stitches, now we lose stitches. like a miniature farmers' market. Tip over the top.
You can see how this project is getting to me. I am thankful that I have not given myself the chance to just put it down for a little while....
Still, I still don't trust that, with the crutches I have gathered, that I am assured of success at the end of the day. At the end of the week? Certainly before October 26 when it needs to be blocked and wrapped and accompanying me on the ferry to the birthday celebration.

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

I need to get back to my Print O the Wave, but it's not calling to me. I'll just watch yours for now.