Monday, April 06, 2009

Show Yourself

The sun is out and it's 18 degrees Celsius (double it and add 30 for Farenheit). We had a wonderful walk yesterday in shirt sleeves. But it was still frosty in the morning. The magnolia is being coaxed to bloom.
I don't even remember planting these daffodils. The ones I love have been eaten or died. This is my mom's favourite flower, so it's always worth having a few around. I especially love them planted with grape hyacinths.

I'm plotting a tutorial! Not that I'm an expert, but I have some experience in this stitch and I'm looking forward to breaking it down to simple steps. It is to go with my pattern I'm still not writing down. These things take their own time. I have to be in the mood to make lots of little mistakes to come out with something entirely new. I have really benefitted from some of the online tutorials and I want to share.
The Hermione hat is coming along.
The aubergine sweater. You won't believe it. I had to rip the back out again (after two balls) because I didn't have enough stitches. First it was poor knitting, then it was gauge, now it was inadequate cast on. I don't know why I can't get a grip on this poor thing. The wool is almost felting. I shall draw upon my perpicacity, and continue to trick myself with treats. If I knit the whole back I can start (or work on) something else. I could put it in the UFO pile, but I'm worried I would never pick it up again. This is why I never knit for myself. It's time to show myself that I can!


No comments: