Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Finish And Start

I have just received news that I am validated and can start working as a Registered Nurse as soon as the hospital is ready. I'm so excited.
The shiny pen I bought yesterday to assuage my wounds has turned into a celebration present (just $9 at Superstore, ya know). The weather is medieval and I decided it's a good day to stay in.

The poor magnolia is afraid to come out. It's snowing in Vancouver, to the west of us, and in Hope, to the east of us. I have a few pages left in Jane Austen's Persuasion, but right now I am captivated by sewing.
I'm making a big bag to take to work. We carry our lunches, books, knitting, etc. I still have my shoes in the staff room on NU. I thought of it as good luck charm. and goldfish are also for good luck. I'll do as much cutting and piecing today that I can because it makes a big mess in my dining room. But I need real light and there's not even much of that today.
Last night we went to Emily's musical (after having D's dad over for dinner). She played french horn in a tight little orchestra that played for the highschool production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was superb. I hated to cancel a flute lesson, but it was worth it. I was entranced by the great voices and incredible direction. There was a whole troupe of tap dancers. Now, I was a star in highschool (Lady MacBeth, etc.) and there was no way we could have put on a professional production like this. The orchestra was mainly youth, as well. I feel so blessed to live in a little community with such great young people.
So for now, the sewing is just a treat, not a necessary prooject as part of the waiting program. The assurance that I will get out there is carrying me for now.

No comments: