Thursday, October 27, 2011

Compelled

 I was at my daughter's Jazz Band concert in Langley and heard my friends from knitting night saying, "That's pretty close to 88 Stitches." Why yes it is. So I scooted over. The concert was great, but my back is giving me problems and driving is the problem. I snuck into Fort Langley and still did not find shoes that are as interesting as Converse but for this older knitter. I felt my feet were too big. But at 88 Stitches, I was Goldilocks at home. Can you say wall of Malibrigo? Sue was super and I felt like I needed to stop in again to pick up more. The Kidsilk Haze is because I never buy it. Now it is mine.
 This Sweet Fibre is so gorgeous. It is hand dyed by a local dyer,  Sue's daughter, in fact. I was compelled to take it home with me. It's sock, 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon. I will make myself a shawl. Another one.
And yesterday morning I was compelled to make a shawl for a friend who may be facing a terrible diagnosis. I still say maybe not, but she deserves something warm and comforting. A Damson in Shibui baby alpaca. I shall call it a Cache Coeur to keep her heart safe.
I am giving up my knitted Hallowe'en wig that was my compulsion last month to rip this thing out.
How quickly can I knit this up before I get back on the crazy train that is all the Christmas knitting?

No comments: