Thursday, December 27, 2007

Catching Up

I know I'm cheating with three posts in a row, but I wanted to keep the format, and I wanted to share with you all the excitement of the season.
My sister on Saltspring Island sent beautiful millspun, undyed wool. I'm going to try to estimate it's yardage using the wraps per inch method. I'm thinking a scarf or mitts, maybe. That's a blow torch (!!!) from my mom in a creme brulee basket of goodies.

My MIL gave me a marvelous casserole and it is shown modelling the bracelet that my two kids shopped for and bought together for me. It is a new charm bracelet with beads. I love it.
Boxing Day means wool sale in Chilliwack. I didn't join my friend and her guest in town at my LYS. I'm trying to finish my book. It has been a tradition of mine to read an entire book on Boxing Day while the house is full of food and the toys are still new. I have had to relax that need in the past few years. I just try to read as much as I can. I have 50 pages left on the last of the Golden Compass, the Amber Spyglass. I was able to read some in the Dr's office today. I got a booster for my vaccinations to return to Nursing. I am registered and paid up. I still need to drive to Surrey (1 1/2 hours west toward Vancouver, but this side of the Fraser River) to buy my $1,000.00 of books. Ouch.

In the name of saving money, I shopped the 40% off sale.

We have greens in butterfly cotton for a baby blanket for a cousin. Ivory and black Cascade 220 for a baby sweater for our trumpet teacher and her husband, the principal of the Chilliwack Academy of Music (they are so sweet!) and some ribbon for a scarf for my flute teacher. She's a bit outrageous and loves to paw through my knitting every lesson. The babies are all due in June (there's a third).

Finally, pour moi, blue/green heather Cascade 220. Enough for a Moriah or some similar cabled cardigan. This will not be knit in a hurry, but it will not be knit at full price either. Aunt Debbie's Knit and Stitch in Vedder is the Canadian distributer of Cascade. Her prices have improved, the selection is usually good. But I worked there one Christmas and I was not impressed with her ability to plan and order and look after customers. Things are improving, but I once waited an entire year for an order! Still, plenty of stash to start the year.

Hope you were blessed with wool and time to knit.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm happy to see you had a very pleasant and safe holiday filled with wonderful gifts. (Mmmm, creme brulee) Happy Holidays!

Thank you for the lovely card. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing to have brought us into contact?!