Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Family Affair

Mom hosted the apple pie contest at the fair.
My oldest sister, Debbie won third place. she came first last year. She also sang with her guitar old tunes "Can She Bake a Cherry Pie Billy boy" "Johnny's Too Late at the Fair" and others.
My niece camre from Kamloops and had a great time with my daughter and my youngest nephew.
Paw was there and my sister from Saltspring who eluded the camera. It was the most fun I've had at the fair in many years.
To help us celebrate BC's 150th birthday, my friend Shirley (on the right) gathered some friends from United Empire Loyalists to serve the pie. I especially like the llamas.
It's a really small fair with lots of cows, so this was a very fun part of it for me. The spinners and weavers were there, too and so friendly. I think I want to learn to drop spindle. Pat could teach me, or my niece. But where would I be, then, with a whole other obsession?

No comments: