Monday, September 08, 2008

Trails and Trials

I remembered my camera this time when I went up Teapot Hill. D was piping at Hope Brigade Days on Saturday morning and the kids wanted to sleep in (Scott has had a terrible cold from the Canmore bus trip). So I packed up the dog (in the dog crate) with a bowl and extra water, my camera, an apple for the top of the trail, my camera. Very organized this time.
It was coolish but not wet. It never rains under the thickest part of the canopy. The weather at Cultus Lake is usually a bit wetter and cooler because it's up in the mountains (the foothills of the Cascade Range). You can just make out Carly up ahead. I let her off leash if there was no one else around. I wish the others would leash their dogs when they're around me. But it's not worth the aggravation and abuse to mention it.
The bad news is: I forgot my insole orthodics and had to turn back half-way. I was really upset because I was worried about reinjuring my foot. But today we walked the 5km block and it's not too bad. Sunday was back to Sunday School and I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the extra workload. I'm back studying, I must prepare for my labs.
Friday I was given the plum position at the hospital for my preceptorship: telemetry. It's step-down ICU. It's not at all what I wanted. But they want to pump out the best nurses, and it's only a few months (160 hours minimum). I'm going to have to work hard to be able to juggle all the assessments, medications and monitoring equipment! What have I gotten myself into?

No comments: