Thursday, May 13, 2010

Knitting with Harmony

I can't finish my socks because I ran out of wool because my feet are so big. But thanks so much to Hazel for sending me the leftovers from hers. I hope it's enough. Just the last pattern and ribbing, which I can schooch down.

D asked for a sock for his Irish whistle. I looked at the stash and found something masculine and well marinated. I think I got this when Scott was in kindergarten. I'll just knit rib in the round and throw in a few cables until it's long enough.


I also started the baby blanket. Again with the not having enough yarn. But Dale at Fibres Plus returned my plea and is mailing me 2 balls of each of the four colours of Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. I grabbed it on my way out of the Fibres West show. My hands were full from Erin's booth, Twist of Fate and my bill was already beyond budget. I had already bought other yarn for this baby. But the cotton was soft and the colours subdued like the mama likes them. I just bought 2 skeins of each. Not enough. Thanks Dale for selling me enough to play with.
I also started the Slip Jig sock from the Rocking Sock Club in the When Irish Eyes Are Smiling colourway. So pretty. Just like Neuroknitter's at We Heart Yarn.
Notice the new Knitpicks Harmony Interchangeable needles? Those are a late Mothers' Day gift and I adore them. When I saw them at the knitting retreat, I knew the strong needles and pointy tips were for me.
This is why I love the virtual community of knitters. My yarn bag overflows.



1 comment:

Angie said...

I also have those needles and love them. Pretty socks!