Monday, August 22, 2011

Stolen Knitting

 We were invited to our cousin/flower girl's daughter's first birthday. We are already scheduled to go to the Island for a 50th Wedding Anniversary. But I had to knit her something. These are the kindest couple and their children suit them splendidly. How about a monster, Geet, from Rebecca Danger's Big Book of Monsters? I had already ordered the Cozy wool from Fibernymph. It makes me happy. It was all I could fit in at home between working and a heavy schedule.
The front of the XXL nephew sweater was finished a bit ago, but I can't bring myself to pick up the neck. The sleeves were done first.
Last Thursday we had a quick trip to Victoria to set up Scotty in his new condo. He got the basement room and we used magic to get his massive desk through the tiny door at the bottom of the stairs. But it's a nicely repainted/recarpeted space.
Because it was just the two of us, I could knit on the Simplicity cardigan while he drove, and read A.S Byatt's "The Children's Story" on the boat. It was actually a good choice of activity for my turn around day. I even bought some gifts in the ferry gift shop.
But I'm bagged. I worked another day Sunday and have two "afternoons" this week. Don't you think 3-11 pm is an evening? And we're back on the ferry with our fancy clothes and a load of kitchen gear for Scott. Whew!
Did you know Labour Day is just around the corner? Thank goodness our summer weather usually goes well into September. I have so much more time to steal to knit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please do finish it, think how handsome he will look in it!