Friday, February 23, 2007

Ready for the Next Thing

D. is well and seems to have recovered his very scary episode. My life is ravelling back together. I'm exhausted and a bit flakier than usual. I am so thankful for my good friends who are sincerely there to support and encourage us.
In a fit of being overwhelmed, I cancelled a bunch of stuff this weekend and I am so glad. I need to just sit and knit next to hubby.
I am so ready to be done this angel blanket. But I have a long border to go. Just keep working through it. There are 4 other babies- one is imminent. Must try the 5 hour sweater. I've set aside some cotton for that.
Plus Brooklyn Tweed has an excellent toque pattern that will be luscious in all my pink and purple stash bits. It has been a long, cold winter. I woke up to snow this morning! Right now it's warm and sunny.
But I still have a wish to wear my new (half-finished) mohair shawl and the hat that is not yet on the needles. Maybe if I really prepare for the cold, the daffodils will come out. I win either way.
I should be knitting.