Sunday, December 09, 2007

Seven Dozen Buttertarts

That sounds like a chorus in the 12 Days of Christmas. I'm happy to be marking things off my list.

All the gifts are bought. We were in Vancouver on Friday night and Saturday (sorry no pictures) and I found some books for the kids. I also stood in line at Lee Valley tools forever to get Uncle Jack a gift certificate. We draw for names in D's family and I've already had his name a few times. I have already knit for him. He does wear his Lopi sweater, though. He taught wood work at a highschool and can pick out something for himself.

We ate at the Sandbar on Granville Island. Such a Vancouver mix of good design and casual approach. The seafood was influenced from all over the world and we had a great visit. It is a special friendship that can survive so many years with just an annual visit.

My friend is getting back to knitting because she has quit her job to stay home with their 3 year old. Her last project, 9 or 10 years ago, was a sweater for her very tall husband. It was stolen out of her car!

We went to Urban Yarns and I set her up with some Cascade 220 and Ann Budd's book, the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I think this is a good step to success. First a vest for her son.

I also got some Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran. It is the perfect colour to make my mom some hotel socks. My bestfriend has the pattern right now, so I'll get the specs. I probably have until February, Mom's birthday.


In our travels, I ate something that didn't agree with me. It was a long night. But this morning we had a run through of the Christmas Pageant and I now have the confidence that I have chosen the right one. The Youth Group are going to have to do a bit more, but the little Sunday School kids have their parts down. That's for next Sunday night. By then I will have finished my baking, wrapped many of the gifts and performed flute with the Harrison Hot Springs Multicultural Choir.

Maybe I'll be able to sit back and finish reading Moby Dick and get started on another knitting project.


2 comments:

Angie said...

Your Christmas tree looks very beautiful. The lighted tree-topper star is especially pretty. Too bad about the bad night but it sounds like you have recovered okay.

The tarts look quite yummy!

Life's a Stitch said...

Wish I had been around to meet up with you!

I bet your house smelled yummy with those butter tarts cooking. Once my son arrived home and was disappointed when he discovered the baking smells were really a Christmas cookie candle.
Li