Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Torn Up

Last night was a great concert at our highschool. Mr. Boo is no longer in the band program, but Noodlepie will enter next year with a bang. My best friend's son was the big star.
But I was "cut" by my friend and my son's piano teacher. I'm really hurt, but I don't think it will help to call her on it, or whine to our mutual friends who will only feel bad. Can I send it out here?
She has repeatedly stated that she does not have time to meet with her friends because she is chairing a music conference. I still invite. She doesn't come or declines. Sometimes she shows up. This feels like she's doing us a favour.
She is angry about the knitting. It comes out when we watch movies or after lunch at our favourite cafe. She does not share this interest. Certainly we can understand that with her busy life, she couldn't indulge in something so unimportant.
Well, we're trying to get a yarn crawl going to Vancouver. The one we missed last May. My best friend and I invited the other knitter in the bookclub.
"I don't know why you didn't include me in your precious yarn trip."
Response, in a lighthearted way: "I didn't think you'd be interested and I didn't want to impose on your busy schedule."
Not solved. Not salved. Some other people I know are busy too.
This is too petty to perpetuate, but my feelings are hurt. Thanks for listening. It's not like I'm going to stop knitting to make her feel better. This is my son's last year in piano. Perhaps this friendship will be tethered on a long gracious leash.

No comments: