Monday, June 30, 2008

Second Bloggiversary

Wow. Two years of blogging. I was a lurker and commenter for a long time. But I got so much from reading and enjoying your blogs that I wanted to contribute and be part of the friendship.
I have 2 prizes: one for each of the first commenters today.
I don't have a lot of readers, but I love the comments and relationships I've been blessed with. This mirrors my real life where I have a few close friends (and sisters) and a lot of "friends".
The blue alpace sock yarn is from Greendale, about 20 minutes by bike from my house in Sardis. These are not towns anymore but neighborhoods of Chilliwack. Still, we have our regional interests and disputes.
The silly lamb is from a shop and I couldn't resist. But what's this?

I made these for you last night. I was lucky enough to find some good beads in the bead shop in Fairview Bellingham. Do you think the instructinal ones will help? One of the purple ones has a lobster claw which I like to use to mark the front of a project.

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me or stopped by to comment. This is a "secret" blog that does not include my friends or family. I was intrigued by Grumperina. Do you think her new husband knows? And I was sucked in by Lara Neels (math4knitters) when I was trying to leave a comment. But it stuck. I remember the thrill of my first post when it told me I had successfully "published". I have a few poems and lots of newsletter stuff published, but I haven't priorized my writing. This helps me keep things going. I also journal, but its often dark and adolescent. Maybe because that's how I started and I find it hard to express negative things (except whining).

Hope your day is as sunny as mine and you are in the company of roses.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations on your second blogiversary! I remember your first comment on my blog and I've enjoyed our on-going conversation.

Life's a Stitch said...

Happy blogiversary, so glad I've met you.

math4knitters said...

Happy Blogiversary! It's so nice to see, again, that I actually inspired someone to do something they love. Thank you for mentioning it.

-Lara