Friday, October 09, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

This is my front door with the gourds and pumpkins given to me by my friends to decorate the church. I think it's going to be fun.
The corn is off and, despite my heel pain, I enjoyed a lovely walk with the big black dog this morning. We don't have much fall colour yet and I can still wear just a sweatshirt ( and pants and shoes of course).

A wonderful package in the mail. Debora's Garden lace and sock weight needle gauge in lovely blue. I have it on a silver chain above my desk and have already used it a few times.
My work knitting was stocking stitch sleeves in the round. I am torn between finishing the nephew sweater and greedily saving the simple knitting for my next set of shifts. I think I'll try to power through and get the next simple thing on the needles.


For now I'm celebrating the product. I am thankful for my crystal palace needles. I am thankful for my row marker, made by my nephew and available at Twist of Fate . I am thankful and surprised that this Cascade 220 Superwash is so very soft. Another Christmas gift is already finished. I couldn't stop knitting these Intercostal Mitts for the second time.




I am thankful for the Pretty Thing pattern that Stephanie put up for sale. That Paypal thing is pretty slick and pretty dangerous. Now I need to get me some Yak Silk.
I'm off to the ferry to pick up my son for his first weekend home from University. Looking forward to it. Pumpkin pie!!!
Have a safe and bountiful Thanksgiving weekend.


2 comments:

electrictree said...

Ah the pretty thing...I have a skein of camel silk in a soft green that is begging to be made into a pretty thing...

Life's a Stitch said...

Happy Thanksgiving from snowy Edmonton!