Sunday, December 20, 2009

Looking for Comfort

I made chicken noodle soup to take to work and it was so nice to find comfort.
Uncomfortable: too many ducks to count and having them come up on the deck toward me when I go outside. Let loose the dog.

Exciting: two sleeves on one circular. These knit themselves on my breaks during day shift. I figured out the technique for the more challenging and future two socks. This needle was too short and the outside edges are a bit uneven.


The placket neck sweater was so quick in DK that I cast on another in some sock yarn. This is for a cousin whose first baby received a red alpaca kimono. This one had to be at least "nice". I knit on the ferry and from Nanaimo to Victoria on the rainy Malahat Highway, visiting Great Grandma and then fetching Scotty home. Yesterday I joined the sleeves to the body while travelling to a family gathering. Very Christmassy.
I even knit an extra gift, soon to be revealed. Presently cast off and wrapped with the rest.
I am blessed to have the comfort of wool and successful projects. Maybe I'll cast on those mittens again.


2 comments:

Angie said...

Your chicken soup looks very delicious and certainly a comforting meal for lunch. I've yet to try two at once, but the idea is appealing.

Life's a Stitch said...

Comfort sounds good.