Saturday, July 17, 2010

Field correspondence

I'm trying out my new iPad from the hotel in Nanaimo. It's a bit tricky, but great fun. With the wifi here, I can sit on the deck. But there's lots to learn and I don't seem to be able to download a photo of this beautiful lake.
My birthday isn't for a few weeks, but my FIL let the secret out, so D gave it to me early. I was just saying I needed to joint the 21st century with an iPhone. But this is better. Pretty. Shiny. I can check out ravelry !
We have a family wedding this afternoon: one of my many nephews and so far everyone is behaving pretty well. My two oldest sisters arrive today with their grown boys. And I even get to see my great nephew, Patrick. he's the one I knit the bunting for. Won't be wearing the wool sac today.
ishbel is back on the needles and she enjoyed the ferry ride and the orcas off the bow. I wanted it larger, and I had almost half the yarn left, so I decided to be in charge of my knitting. It hurt for a little bit as I was trying to figure out how much to rip and where I was when the stitches were seated. Now I'm knitting patterns A and B until I have more than enough. more drama to ensue.
This is your field correspondent from the patio overlooking the lake.

No comments: