Monday, April 08, 2013

Something From Nothing

 I cast off the Foreign Correspondent's Scarf in Misty Alpacas hand painted lace in time to block it for giving at our Tuesday Rally. The woman who is doing all the work is doing a great job. She asked me to speak on the theme, Nurture.

Nothing says nurture like alpaca. Then I started dreaming about what I wanted to knit next with the needles free. And I looked at my feet and saw three knitting bags.
There are at least two or three other baskets in the basement.
The first is the Antler sweater by Tin Can Knits. I'm making the 6-12 month size in Berroco Comfort because I love it! The sweater is pretty quick. Can I get it done in time for my sister to take to a baby shower this weekend? I've already joined the sleeves and am starting the cabled yoke. We'll see. I can always send books.
The second is the teaching sock for my knitting group. It's the cable sock in sport weight, cuff down. I knit on it as I teach on Tuesdays.
The third is a child's sweater in gifted Paton's Shetland Chunky for the sweet kids at Terrazes. I wanted to knit for them last year and never got it together, so Diane of dianeiam on Ravelry gave me this yarn and I cast on last Wednesday, two days after I got back. I hope to make a few at least before their cold and unprotected winter.
In the blink of an eye I went from no knitting to plenty to fill my time.

2 comments:

Lifesastitch said...

I just started Taize with my new Pashmina, with several other projects at my feet, and want to start another one tonight. Somebody help me!

Judy S. said...

Love that scarf! Did you finish the blue sweater in time? That is such a pretty shade of blue, makes me think of ice. I think you have quite a bit to keep you out of mischief!