Friday, June 05, 2015

Almost Finely Finished


 So pleased with the final product. I have loved William Morris since I was introduced to his Arts and Crafts movement in the early 1990's. I saw a special show at the Victoria & Albert Museum in 1996. This is based on his Strawberry Thief. I just couldn't afford the over $200 price tag for the kit, so I drew it on the needlepoint mesh. The fabric has the same motif, Liberty lawn from Purl Soho in New York. The last touch was the "piping"- just icord in the same yarn as the background. If you are doing a large area, it is better to buy a skein of yarn than all those little hanks. This cushion certainly smartens up my reading chair.
Started hiking at the direction of my physiotherapist. My hip problems are secondary to an old knee injury from 1981 when I was in the Medical Corps. Boo. On Promontory Hill I can go for a 40 minute hike with elevation changes and never be too far from my car if the trouble flares up.
 Finished and blocked but no buttons yet. This (ETA) Sunny Side sweater by Tanis Fiber Arts in Opal Van Gough turned out just right. It was a replacement for the Antler that I knit too small for a summer baby.


 I made a Twiddle Muff. the blue will be the liner. Next I'll decorate it with flowers, buttons and beads. It is intended for a dimensia patient who is confined to a wheel chair and requires some tactile stimulation. I will probably take it to the extended care facility at the hospital, or maybe to the place I used to work that was attached to Hospice.
 I have to cast off my 11th square and cast on the 12th. Then I can set them up for sashing. I am starting to think a narrower sashing will look better.



These baby pants are done except for embellishments. Almost done. I am torn which project to work on. Just a few hours on each project. 
Another almost done. Just a bit of embroidery in a few random spots. But if I pick this project, the square won't get cast off and the trousers won't be embellished. I just need to pour a G&T and sit in the shade on the deck and get at it.
 In the dugout are the Pebble Beach shawl. It is beautiful and ignored. Thank goodness I had it with me when I had to swing into the Nissan to get my door looked at. They ordered a part and will fix it on Tuesday when I get my oil changed, etc. Until then, I will feel like I'm driving a jalopy because I have to lower the window to open the door, or climb over the console.
 The featherweight is another great travel project. Not getting a lot of love. With my new resurgence in sewing and watching the Great British Sewing Bee season 2, I am stretching myself even further. I may not have a pay cheque, but I have fabric stash!
There will be no break in the planning and dreaming of the making. Perhaps some things will be truly finished by next week.

1 comment:

Lifesastitch said...

Sunday swing is adorable. Where did you find the pattern? Can't locate it on ravelry. You know I love non traditional coloured baby projects.