Friday, July 07, 2006

Home Again, Jiggity Jog

We're back and happy to be home. The shopping trip went very well. Everyone got along, and no one insisted on their own plan. My daughter bought quite a few clothes, but they'll be good for school too. Don't think about school! They only just got out.

It's fun travelling without boys. You don't have to worry about them getting bored or hungry or just hijacking the plans. The girls are just the right age to start this kind of trip.

I didn't get to go to a wool shop. But if we're in Mt. Vernon tomorrow, I'll nip out to Helen's like I did last year. I did get to go to Barnes and Noble (YAY) and bought copies of the Shakespeare plays we're to see in August, and a paperback Ulysses so I can read it without ruining my lovely Folio edition. My SIL does not like bookstores. But I think she was OK leaving us there while she went back for more clothes.

We know summer is here, because the border crossing took over an hour to travel two blocks! Plus it's only going to get worse. Luckily we were in good spirits and good company.

No comments: