Friday, July 14, 2006

Summer Rose


Why do I think that I love summer?
My expectations are all out of whack!
But...

Today we did have some fun at the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. That's a summer escape- a matinee with the kids. Great movie. I wish I was back in the Caribbean. I look at my lovely blue topaz with the green fire and remember the sea. Mostly it's being in an all-inclusive resort with my husband and great friends. No walls to wash- that was my other activity today.

But I did walk the dog. It's not quite so hot, and I must grasp onto the things that balance my life. Like reading- I lingered in bed this morning to read another chapter.
Like knitting. I did quite a bit in the movie house while waiting. Almost done a hat-in-stash. This is part of a bigger project.

But right now I'm going to take the kids up to Grandma's to swim. We can linger by the pool and stay out in the light summer evening, smelling the roses.

No comments: