Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pay It Forward

My Christmas cards are done. I will wait till next week to mail them. I have been a bit punky and it was all I could manage when I wanted to bake.
I have a lot of lines to learn for the two dramas I am preparing. My own fault. I'm barely getting practice time with my actors, though, so it's stressful. A lady came and took all my costumes away until 2 days before the pageant. Did I already tell you that?

Good news, good vibes. I was reading Purling Oaks and she invited her readers to be part of a blog phenomenon, " Pay It Forward". I will carry on from this site.

“The idea of the exchange is I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on this blog post requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet, and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”
I know this is another step to conquering the world.

I'm trying to conquer this squiggle scarf. Three types of yarn to make an open knit with visible stitches. I'm not really enjoying it. I think it's partly the side-to-side knitting and partly the cutting and fringing of each row. It should go quickly now (because I'm not allowed to work on anything else). Moby Dick is seeming more compelling suddenly.
Here is the hat which I have finished since this morning's photo. It's Bernat Alpaca blend. It's very soft and very warm and good enough for something D. will wear in the barn. I adapted the old Paton's pattern (Habitant) to knit in the round. The yarn is not a great choice to show the cables, but c'est la guerre.
I do like it's fluffiness. It will placate the husband who sees so many projects leave the house for others.

No comments: