Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Harvest

I picked some of my lavender. There are 12 bunches drying. I hope to make eye pillows for my friends. They are supposed to ease headaches. I logged on to Not Martha and found out that the best time to pick is when just a few flowers are blooming. That meant right away.
I used to have many more plants, but my dog thinks they are tasty.

I can't believe I haven't shared this with you. From the Saturday that I took the kids to the airport in Bellingham. I went up the I-5 to Fairview which is so picturesque. This is three skeins on Manos silk blend in a wildflower colorway. I have 450 yards. I bought a store pattern for a neat asymmetrical shawl, but I'm not sure that's what it will be. Right now I'm happy just to gaze at it and dream.
You don't want to know about the hours of crunching the books. I'm panicking because I must be done by 15 Aug. Which means I should sign off now.

No comments: